Friday, June 5, 2015

twin taboos

Rounding out this stack of random thrifted paperbacks, tonight's entry is Twin Taboos by Burton St. John. Which may qualify as an entry in our After Dark series?

I haven't read this one so I'm not sure how smutty the contents are (the difference between our regular entries and the After Dark series being akin to the difference between an R or X rating) but, based on what would now be seen as the politically incorrect front and back cover text, I believe one of the twin taboos is interracial love. Possibly interracial lust. Which seems equally taboo for the time, especially in the South.



The other taboo is anyone's guess I suppose. My guess is they're related somehow? If I ever decide to read this I'll get back to you.

And on that note I am off to enjoy what's left of this Friday night via a late dinner and Noir flick on TCM. As for next week, I still haven't quite figured out how I'm gonna adjust the schedule to fit my schedule but again, when I figure it out I'll get back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment