Friday, March 6, 2015

crackers in bed


As you've likely guessed from the photo above, tonight we kick off a new journey through a pile of old books we've come across in our travels over the Winter months. (And I have to say, considering how little time we've been able to spend outside the house over the past two months, it's not a bad haul.) Starting with a book "that guarantees to do nothing except make you laugh," Crackers In Bed by Vic Fredericks.


Cover painting by Casey Jones


I haven't read this, nor do I plan to, but the husband seemed to be amused by the fact the cost inflated exactly 10 cents in the 70 years since this edition was published. (At least in the eyes of the charity shop where he found it.)

PS: I am seriously considering putting the top cartoon on the back of my business card.

PPS: I haven't been able to turn up much (read: any) info. on the author or cover artist but interested parties can check out a few similarly minded offerings from the latter here.

No comments:

Post a Comment